A few weeks ago, I said I was excited to cut into some black linen to make a waistcoat for Roman.
Well, as is always the way with sewing for me at the moment, it became a process. Tracing and cutting the pattern pieces, then cutting the fabric on another day. Then waiting for Kaleb to have some time off work last week, so I would have the oppurtunity to see it together mostly uninterrupted.
I made a few mistakes along the way, and I surely won't be taking close up photos of things like shoulder seams, which are quite haphazard.
But overall, I really love how it turned out and I'm glad I went for a size 7. It looks like it will have enough room for growth and will last him some time.
I used silver snaps instead of buttons, but I've promised myself that I'll practise buttonholes soon.
Roman really likes it and wore it many days straight until I really had to insist that it went into the wash!
The pattern is Burda 9990, in case you're wondering.
I ordered some time ago and only just received a Citronille pattern, Balthazar.
A gorgeous tunic top for boys or girls. I'm hoping I'll be able to make the boys one each in a light cotton for Summer.